Coconut has always been the one that amazes us with its health benefits. It can be very useful in the kitchen, but it can be very magnificent for our overall health too. Coconut oil can be used as a skin moisturizer and it is the key ingredient in many hair treatments. Here’s a list of one of the many benefits coconut oil offers:
- Cuticle Treatment: rub some oil on your fingers and toe nails and massage them gently. Repeat the process often if you like to keep rugged cuticles tame. This technique will also keep your nails away from any fungal infections because of its anti-fungal properties.
- Oil Pulling: this is a long-established method which helps to eradicate the bacteria from the oral cavity. Have a teaspoon of it in your mouth for 10 minutes, or 20 minutes if you can.
- Shaving: it can soften your skin and have a youthful looks. Just rub it on the skin before you shave your legs or other parts.
- Eye Makeup Remover: wash your face well and use the coconut oil to remove any kind of makeup.
- Skin Moisturizer: it is efficient against scars, stretch marks and will also prevent sagging skin. Try the whipped coconut oil body butter for this method.
- Carrier Oil: every time you are stressed, just make a combination of 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and couple of drops of your essential oil. Panaway is helpful with sore muscles, Peace and Calming will help you relax, lemon and peppermint will boost your energy, and lavender will promote better sleep.
- Frizz Tamer: use a small amount because too much of it will make your hair look oily and.
- Rash and Burn Cream: it works amazing in diaper rashes and a small amount will be more than enough to eliminate it.
- Hair Treatment: the oil reduces protein loss when used in pre or post treatments. Therefore, add 1 tablespoon of it to the roots of your hair and spread it to the ends. Let it stay for half an hour and then rinse it.