We had no idea that water stored in a copper vessel is excellent for drinking as it kills all the microorganisms and after staying there longer than 4 hours, the water acquires some great qualities from the copper. This mineral is vital for the human body as it has antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-carcinogenic, and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as neutralizes toxins. As the body is not able to synthesize it people need to get it from dietary sources like seafood, whole grains, lentils, organ meats, nuts, seeds, potatoes, chocolate, cereals, dark green leafy vegetables and peas. Here are the benefits of drinking water from a copper vessel:
- Stimulating your brain – it helps in synthesis of phospholipids forming the myelin sheaths (a covering that protects the axons of the neurons to better transmit communication). It has anti-convulsive properties which help preventing seizures. Lack of copper during pregnancy can result in incomplete brain and nerve development in the unborn baby.
- Regulating thyroid gland – it has one of the most important minerals that your thyroid glands need for a proper functioning.
- Boosting heart health – it regulates blood pressure and heart rate, lowers cholesterol and triglycerides, prevents the accumulation of plaque in the arteries promoting better blood flow to the heart, elevates cholesterol, uric acid, homocysteine and blood pressure.
- Beating anemia – it aids the body with iron which is great in fighting anemia.
- Keeping the digestive system healthy – it detoxes your stomach ensuring elimination of waste and harmful products, it regulates liver, kidney function and ensures the absorption of nutrients from food. It is a cure for any stomach infections. Drink a glass of water stored in copper vessel each morning on an empty stomach.
- Preventing water-borne diseases – it is especially effective against E.coli and S.aureus which cause jaundice, diarrhea and dysentery. It also reduces the risk of cross-contamination and prevents spread of infection.
- Promoting healthy skin – it is the component of melanin which defines eye, skin and hair color keeping the skin safe from sun damage, speeds up wound healing and covers up scars. It also adds the production of new cells which replenish the top layer of the skin allowing you to enjoy clear, smooth and blemish-free skin. It treats vitiligo or white patches on the skin.
- Fighting inflammations – it has anti-inflammatory properties helping relieve body aches and pains which have been caused by inflammations and can be very effective in treating arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It can as well help in treating acne, asthma, hay fever, periodontitis, sinusitis, inflammatory bowel disease and even cancer.
- Slowing down aging – as powerful antioxidant it prevents aging by protecting the cells against free-radical damage that reduces wrinkles, age spots, fine lines and sagging skin appearance and produces new and healthy skin cells.
- Aiding weight loss – it breaks down and eliminates fat cells helping you maintain body weight. It is great replacement for high-calorie drinks such as sugary drinks, alcohol, sodas and caffeinated beverages.
Pour 2-3 glasses of water in a copper vessel letting it stay covered overnight, or at least 6-7 hours at room temperature and drink it throughout the day (do not drink more than 3 glasses of water). Do not refrigerate it. Over time the vessel can oxidize, so clean it with lemon juice or a small piece of tamarind, and do not use coarse scrub to wash its inside as it may scrap away the copper.